Monday, June 8, 2009

Starting to get it....

I've learned so many processes since I've started. Today I racked out a serving tank to kegs, cleaned out the pub lines (not an easy process), milled grain for the IPA, and filled a couple more kegs. I learned how to clean a serving tank and how to harvest yeast from a fermenter.
Pretty cool stuff. Plus I am getting free lunch every day!Link
Some advice to those who want to go pro:
Learn as much about tri-clover fittings, cleaning and sanitation, draft systems, and Sanke kegs. Those things are the primary skills I am using right now, supporting the brewery and pub.
Of course, as much information and education about all aspects of brewing and serving would be beneficial.

I hope that you have an opportunity to try some of Silver City's beers in the near future. They are really fantastic.

We just found out today that we won four awards at the North American Beer Awards. A Gold, two Silvers, and a Bronze.

Looks like I got in at the right time at the right place. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the position! I quit my job about a month ago to pursue a job in the industry. I feel that its important to follow your dreams. I applaud your commitment to following your passion. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete