Sunday, June 28, 2009

Going full-time

I heard the news Friday that I will be going full time starting on Wednesday, July 1st. The other good news is that it will be Monday through Friday, no weekends! The head brewer pushed hard for me to go full-time because he wanted me to be his cellarman; racking, cleaning, prepping, and transferring beer so that he can focus on brewing.

Looking back on the only 10 or so days I have been working there, it's incredible how many tasks I can perform on my own. I still don't feel as confident as I'd like with everything, but I have to remember that I've only been working part time for one month. Then I think, "I guess I'm doing pretty well!"

As my schedule heats up, Sara and I are very confident that we will be moving over to the Kitsap peninsula sometime soon so that I don't have to commute on the ferry every day for 1.5 hours. It may be tough to leave the cool scene that is the Seattle area, but it may be nice to have a bit of a new beginning, post grad-school and post crappy marketing job. After all, it would only be a ferry ride away to go downtown or to a quirky pub in Fremont.

Now is a huge transition period for us, but good things are happening and the future is bright.

Brighter than the Belgian Golden Strong that I am currently sipping.

Cheers everyone, and thanks for the support. More to come on this journey!

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment